- Previous – When to Call Your Doctor
- Next – The Safest and Best Sleep Position
- Table of Contents
- Angela’s Book Store
Safe Treatments for a Cold include:
- Drink a lot of fluid such as water, juice, tea, and warm soup.
- Get plenty of rest.
- Keep your room warm but not overheated.
- Soothe your throat by gargling with salt water several times a day
- Drink warm lemon water with honey to relieve a cough.
- Use saline nasal drops to relieve nasal congestion.
“With the new baby on the way, I strongly recommend the following books for your family.” -Angela
References and Resources
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Treating the Common Cold During Pregnancy
- American Pregnancy Association – Cough and cold during pregnancy
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists – The Flu Vaccine and Pregnancy
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention – Preventing Infections in Pregnancy