- Previous – What Causes Miscarriage?
- Next – Does Applying Creams & Oils Prevent Stretch Marks?
- Table of Contents
- Angela’s Book Store
During pregnancy, some women become more forgetful or absent-minded or have trouble concentrating. You may not be as sharp as usual. You leave your phone or keys at home or forget an appointment. Don’t worry. These symptoms are a temporary effect of hormonal changes. Sometimes, forgetfulness can persist for a while after delivery.
Try these strategies to help you feel more in control:
- Always put items you use often, such as keys, in the same place
- Put reminders of appointments and events on your phone via an app or calendar
- Make to-do lists and check tasks off
- Keep a detailed daily organizer in a prominent place of your home
- Simplify your life, prioritize the important things
- Get more sleep
- If you can’t think straight, be kind to yourself, take a long bath or go for a walk
“With the new baby on the way, I strongly recommend the following books for your family.” -Angela
References and Resources
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Memory loss during pregnancy
- WebMD – Pregnancy Brain: Myth or Reality?
- Mayo Clinic – Does “baby brain” really exist?
- Society for Endocrinology – Pregnancy may cause impairments in ability to recall previously seen locations