- Previous – Why Do I Pee So Many Times?
- Next – Will My Breasts Sag After Breastfeeding?
- Table of Contents
- Angela’s Book Store
During pregnancy, your metabolism speeds up and you probably sweat more as a result of needing to lose all the heat your baby is making. This can leave you feeling too warm, even in winter.
Follow these tips to keep you cool:
- Drink plenty of water. Carry a water bottle with you.
- Consider dressing in light layers so it’s easy to add or remove clothing quickly as needed
- Consider investing in a couple of fans
- Avoid exercising during the warmest time of the day. Walk before breakfast or after dinner
- Try and stay out of the sun as much as possible
- Go for a swim or take a cool shower
- When the temperature is over 90 F, stay in air-conditioned environments
“With the new baby on the way, I strongly recommend the following books for your family.” -Angela
References and Resources
- Mayo Clinic – Heat during pregnancy: How to beat it
- U.S. National Library of Medicine – Hot flashes during pregnancy: a comparative study
- WebMd.com – Pregnant This Summer? Beat the Heat